Skills training in relaxation meditation
Mindful Leaders empowers helpers with effective self-care strategies to protect them against burnout, and tools to assist those they help.
If you work with people, or are a parent, you have most likely noticed how stress/anxiety/anger is seemingly contagious. It can spread like wild fire and often we find ourselves demanding others be calm when we ourselves are not.
Rather than operating from a top down approach where leaders demand self-regulation and self-awareness from others, Mindful Leaders learn how to model self-care and offer the opportunity to "calm down together".
1/2 Day Mindful Leaders Workshop
Learn the core routines of Relaxation Meditation;
- breath awareness and conscious breathing
- body awareness and softening
- thought watching and nourishing imagery
as well as specific ways to apply and share the routines with those you work with and care for.
Suitable for: teachers, early childhood educators, mental health and social service workers, parents, correctional workers, etc
Cost: $99 per person, or $900 for up to 15 participants
Please contact me to book a workshop at your school, workplace or organization.
Chantal Garneau - Facilitator
Mindful Leaders and Relaxation Meditation are programs developed and facilitated by experienced meditation teacher Chantal Garneau.
Chantal embarked on a path of self-awareness as a young adult in hopes of surviving anxiety, depression and fibromylagia. After years of research and practice in meditation, energy medicine, Reiki, and self-help philosophies she established a series of core-routines that allow her to manage her symptoms and live a fulfilling life.
Over the last 14 years she has further refined these strategies through her work with clients young and old. In fall 2016, she launched a 9 week Relaxation Meditation program and is currently rolling out her Mindful Leaders program to empower “helpers” with effective self-care strategies to protect them against burnout, and adopt tools to assist those they help.
Chantal has a BA in French from the University of Guelph. She helped establish, facilitate, and train facilitators for a youth mental health promotion program in Halton and Peel.
She is currently the chair of the Georgetown Farmers’ Market and is working to establish a non-profit Biodiversity Sanctuary.
Some of her experience
- Self-Employed: Reiki Master, Meditation Facilitator, Intuitive Counsellor, since 2004
- Trained talking circle facilitator
- Georgetown Farmers' Market: Chair
- Halton Peel Biodiversity Network: Founding board member
- Georgetown Business Improvement Association: Board member and marketing coordinator
- Youth Net: Founding Board member, Facilitator, and Trainer - a youth based mental health promotion program aimed at decreasing stigma surrounding mental health and connecting youth with supportive resources in the community
- The Right Way: Facilitator - a program by Save the Children Canada exploring rights, needs, and desires with youth in elementary, and high school settings
- Halton Hills Mayor's Youth Action Committee: Founding member and President - giving youth a voice at the town level
- University of Guelph: French major